This blog is a vampire! It never dies, even though it goes into hibernation every now and then.
Here is a quick noodle salad I made a few days ago. Everything was tasty, although I will try to remember to buy sesame seeds at the grocery store so I can add them to the dressing next time. I used angel hair pasta, but other good choices would be soba, regular spaghetti, or even ramen. You add plenty of veggies so there is a lot of crunch and sweet tanginess from the dressing!
Quick Asian Noodle Salad
- 1 cup cooked noodles (I used angel hair pasta)
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 cup sliced cucumber
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 4 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons agave
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, grated or very finely chopped
- Optional: 1 tablespoon sesame seed
- Prepare your noodles. Once the angel hair pasta was al dente, I drained the pasta and ran cold water over it, then drained again. Place your cooked noodles in a bowl and top with all the veggies.
- Add the dressing ingredients to a small jar with a tight lid and shake until combined. You could also whisk everything together in a small bowl.
- Combine dressing with salad. Add by the spoonful and taste as you go! You probably don’t need to add all of the dressing.
- Topping ideas: siracha, sliced avocado, sesame seeds